Monday, August 24, 2009

Brand of the Week 2: WeSC


Company: WeSC aka We Are the Superlative Conspiracy

Website: www.wesc.com

About: WeSC started in 1999 but I first saw the brand in Skateboard magazine around 2001. If I recall correctly the brand was just called We until a few years later the "SC" was added to create the present acronym. WeSC is a street brand hailing from Sweden. The idea is to create clothes for people looking at life after skateboarding. Extremely functional clothing that is playful yet smart.

Why I like them: The clothes have a futuristic feel to them. It must be the funky stripes used in the designs on many of the items. One of my favorite jeans are pictured in the Straight Leg jean topic done six days ago. The fit is superb, although going one size bigger will not hurt. The cardigan pictured below is comfortable and extremely light in feel. I love wearing it.

I also love the knitted pieces: cardigans and sweaters. Finally, I am a huge sucker for their women's line. Anna has some cool leg warmers as well as a killer button-up top.

I always talk about G-Star but WeSC is definitely one of my favorite brands I rarely talk about.

Where to buy:
Karmaloop
RevolveClothing

Notes: I firmly believe the Swedish fashion scene owes it to WeSC for putting the country on the map. Since then Nudie Jeans and Cheap Monday have sprouted.


my WeSC Fredde Cardigan

No comments:

Post a Comment