Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another creative outlet



Making clothes is another creative outlet for me. If asked if I was ever interested in doing this a couple years ago, I would probably looked at that person strangely with a slight open mind. Always loved clothes and apparel, which seeking the new and wearing the different is important. With that in mind, making clothes was a distant concept. It was until I brought the idea to Anna did I learn that this is another creative avenue.

What I most like is the process of designing and constructing denim jeans from paper to final product. The steps it takes to bring these concepts into realization is satisfying. It is akin to industrial and graphic design. It all starts with a sketch. After the ideas are out, I converse with Anna about the illustration. Then we start putting it all together, which is when the fun starts. Once everything is done a great deal of delight overwhelms me. This is why I love making denim jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment