Friday, September 18, 2009

Essentials: Watches & Time Pieces

As I acquire more classic essentials in my wardrobe, I've been pondering on accessories that might give a great outfit just that extra touch to finish the look. One item that comes to mind, hardly anyone uses, is the watch. Time pieces have gradually declined with the rise of mobile phone owners. It is just as easy as pressing any button on the device so the screen may light up for the user to find what time it is. So why have another item to wear around our wrists when there is one device, with all of its other functions, that can do the same thing?

I believe it is convenient to wear watches. My job does not allow me to carry my phone while on the clock. It is a pain to walk by any one of the clocks at work because there are only two in the store. Does not seem like a big deal but it does get bothersome after making the trip numerous times throughout the day. Another thing is the battery life of a watch will far exceed that of a phone, which requires regular charging (and will hold the charge for far less when it gets older).

Beyond those reasons my real obsession comes down to how obscure they are. The very fact there are not many people wearing them makes it more appealing for me. If you haven't guess it, I love rare findings and things that are not popular. There are such a variety of watches out there, from analog to digital, I can collect. Here are some links to watch companies I dig.

Websites:
Casio G-Shock
Nixon
Nooka
Swatch

No comments:

Post a Comment