Sunday, October 25, 2009

Essentials: Straight Leg (Updated)

Denim in picture: WeSC Standard fit

I am a firm believer men should have at least one classic pair of fitted straight leg jeans within their wardrobe. These will forever be around as they have defied time and trend. Skinny jeans are too hipster. Loose jeans are too gangster. Straight jeans are just right.

To give the best effect the jean is best worn snugly around the hip without the use of a belt. Sagging is a big no-no. Also the optimum leg opening size is 16 to 17 inches as they create a very linear shape. Never buy jeans that are slightly too long as they bunch up at the bottom near the shoes, which distorts the silhouette.

Being a fanatic for the straight, I find myself constantly searching for a new pair to add to my collection. Currently I am tracking these G-Star Astro Straight jeans as a future purchase.

1 comment: