Sunday, January 10, 2010

Product Review: G-Star Augur Samovar Sneakers

Augur Samovar Sneakers

I ordered these shoes from the ASOS website on Christmas Day. It took until the 7th of January for them to arrive in my mail box. Some can picture how excited I was when I opened the box and started wearing them around the apartment.

Augur Samovar Sneakers

The first thing I noticed is how the shoe does not look or feel like anything like a sneaker. The Augur Samovar is more akin to military jungle boot morphed into a sneaker, which explains why it does not confine movement to traditional trainers. It provide similar dynamic ankle and foot movement found in lightweight running shoes but possibly even better, as it uses a mesh on both sides of the shoe.

Augur Samovar Sneakers

I love the way the shoes look and feel but they do come with one fault. The suede padded heel collar provides ample protection and snugness but yet is picks up blue indigo dye easily from jeans since it is white. Some might be able to notice the subtle dry bleeding.To keep them in tip-top shape will be a chore since most of my jeans are raw with very few washings, which I feel the collar will without a doubt turn bluish.

I strongly recommend these shoes because they offer great visual appeal and a great level of support but buy a pair in another tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment