Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Product Review: G-Star Raw Astro Straight

DSC08326[1]
Pictures taken before first wash. Jeans fit well but are now snug after the first wash.

Some may recall the jeans I posted in my Essentials: Straight Leg post I updated. I did buy them (31x30 dimensions) for $140 (originally $176) a couple weeks ago at Revolve Clothing.

G-Star Astro

The jeans are wonderful. Initially the waist was a bit loose but after the first washing they now fit even better. It wasn't as if I required a belt but a tad bit loose for my tastes. The length of the jean seems to run a bit longer but are not long enough to drag onto the floor by any means. The Astro jeans are 16 inches at the leg opening; slightly slimmer than most straight leg jeans that typically run about 17 to 17.5 inches.

G-Star Astro
Notice the pre-fading on the thigh.

The jeans are pre-distressed around the butt and thigh yet rest of the jeans are very dark in wash. Unlike other G-Star jeans I own it seems the dye does rub or fade slightly. Unlike raw jean products from other brands, that dry-bleed just by rubbing your hands against them, these do hold their tone just but not as well as other G-Star offerings. I kind of like the idea that my jeans appearence will change in accordance to my body and how I wear them.

I do recommend the jeans to anyone. The style is appealingly simple with a G-Star aesthetic.

G-Star Leather Patch

G-Star Astro Pocket

G-Star Astro Tag

No comments:

Post a Comment